Some helpful Firefox add-ons for web developers
December 11, 2009 § 4 Comments
I want to share some helpful Firefox add-ons that you might like. In my case, they all help me a lot in my development.
Helpful Firefox add-ons:
See more info: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843
– Firepicker: Simple color picker plugin for Firebug.
See more info: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/15032
– Live HTTP Headers: View HTTP headers of a page and while browsing.
See more info: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3829
See more info: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1237
– SEO Live YSRank: Live search rank at the status bar, top searched keywords and search volume data for a specific site. Great for search marketing, keywords research and SEO.
See more info: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/15067
– IE Tab: This is a great tool for web developers, since you can easily see how your web page displayed in IE with just one click and then switch back to Firefox.
See more info: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419
– Validator: This addon for Firebug will send the current HTML source to http://validator.w3.org/check and display any errors that are returned by this service.
See more info: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/14860
– View Source Chart: This add-on:
* Graphically Displays HTML Tag Boundaries
* Graphically Defines Tag Nesting Order, Structure and Hierarchy
* Adds Simple and Powerful UI *to* Source Code
See more info: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/655
– CSS Reloader: CSS Reloader is an extension that allows you to reload all the CSS of any site without you have to reload the page itself. You can use the keyboard shortcut F9, or the context-menu’s option “Reload CSS” to reload the CSS files or at page.
Very useful especially when you do pixel pushing.
See more info: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/46211
– FireFTP: FireFTP is a free, secure, cross-platform FTP client for Mozilla Firefox which provides easy and intuitive access to FTP servers.
See more info: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/684
– InfoRSS: Displays RSS, Atom, parsed HTML and NNTP feed in a scrolling area in the status bar. Compatible with podcasting RSS which can be downloaded directly. It’s also a good Google email notifier.
See more info: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/361
– Link Checker: Check the validity of links on any webpage.
See more info: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/532
– RSS Validator: Validates a page using the W3C RSS Validator.
See more info: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2294?src=reco
Hope this helps. I will share more in future.